Saturday, September 25, 2010

5 things to take camping

Hmmm, 5 things I can't live without.

1. My Kindle. There is no way I can spend any time at all without something to read, and my Kindle means I can have plenty of reading material with me, without much weight or bulk.

2. A knitting or crochet project. Something small, like a sock. Preferably something that has a pattern that's pretty simple to remember, so I can work by fire light.

3. Chocolate. Seriously, there's just no point in going camping if there aren't going to be smores.

4. Air mattress or pad. I'm just not as young as I used to be, and sleeping on the ground isn't fun anymore.

5. My camera. I actually have 2, not including the one in my phone. I've got a serious digital SLR Nikon with several lenses, and then I've got a smaller Nikon Coolpix. The Coolpix is more practical for taking places, because it's so small, but I really like taking pictures, and get better results with the big camera. Sometimes when I go somewhere, I bring the camera bag instead of a purse (Hmm, maybe I need to bling out my camera bag a little bit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment