1. A small squared-off rod held in the hand with many soft buttons on one side with numbers and words written on them. A remote control, used to control televisions and other electronic items.
2. A metal box with a long, handled hose, which counts several sets of numbers when you compress the handle. Gas pump. Muggle vehicles (cars) burn gasoline (or petrol) for propulsion. Periodically, the Muggle must fill a tank in the car with gasoline, and they do that by using a gas pump.
3. A heavy rod with a single button that emits light when pushed. A flashlight. Since Muggles can’t use wands and the Lumos charm for light, they have flashlights.
4. A small, thin, glossy rectangle that has pictures on one side and emits a variety of noises, often attached to Muggles' ears with a thin cord. An Ipod. Muggles are able to put whatever music they like on their Ipods, making each one unique.
5. A large cabinet with one glass side, displaying a variety of neatly organized items, which occasionally spits one out when the correct code is entered. A vending machine: Since Muggles can’t summon food, and have no house elves, they have to provide their own food. Sometimes when they are away from home and need food, they visit a vending machine, put in various amounts of money, and get something to eat.