Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I got my kit!

As usual, I get so caught up in sending out a kit, I tend to forget I'll be getting one! So it's always a lovely surprise to come home to a package from Quietus. And this one was lovely right from the start! Waiting on my screen porch was an owl with an ivy wrapped package.




Inside were many bundles wrapped in pretty green tissue paper, along with a pattern to knit a leafy, lacy scarf called Branching out.




There was a pretty little tin covered with leaves, that held stitch markers, row counters and a padded grip for crochet hooks. I've only just recently started crocheting, and don't have many tools for it yet, so the padding will definitely come in handy. The stitch markers have pretty leaves on the, so Quietus is really rocking the nature theme with this kit. There's an exploding frog soap, which is peppermint soap on the outside (yum! so refreshing!) and a cherry bath bomb inside. How fun is that?




I also got a Windmill bag, which is a pattern I love. I've done it before for someone else, but somehow never got around to making one for myself. And now I don't have to!




I got some great yarn, one ball of SWTC Terra, that's 50/50 bamboo and cotton, and 2 balls of Patons Angora Bamboo, which is a blend of bamboo, angora and wool. To top all that off, I got some of my absolute favorite chocolate treats, Ghirardelli squares, and a bar of Lindt dark chocolate. I'm keeping that in the freezer so that I eat it nice and slowly. Quietus even remembered my kitties, and sent catnip mice, which got 2 enthusiastic paws up.




Here's the whole kit and caboodle:




Pepper enjoying a hit of the 'nip:



And Rascal partaking as well:



No comments:

Post a Comment