What am I thankful for? (Not in order of priorty, just how they pop into my head)
- My house sold, so I don't have to try to maintain a house in NY after moving to Mass.
- My company has a relocation group help me move, so I don't have to do all the work myself. They're helping me find a temporary apartment in Mass.
- I get to have movers pack and move for me. Let me repeat that. I get to have movers PACK for me. How awesome is that?
- I'm very thankful for my family.
- I'm very thankful my aunt and uncle will be visiting for Thanksgiving. I don't get to see them nearly enough.
- I'm thankful for my health.
- I'm thankful for my job. I enjoy doing it, have great coworkers, and good benefits. So many people are stuck in jobs they don't like, or have no health insurance.
- I'm thankful for the chance to move to Mass, and start a new adventure in my life. I'm sad that I won't get to see family and friends back home as often, but it's only a 4 hour drive. But I can't wait to start exploring Mass and New England, finding new places, meeting new people. It's going to be a blast.
- I'm thankful for my kitties, as trite as that may sound. They're such loving little fur babies, and keep the home life from getting too dull.
What makes me happy?
- Spending time with my friends' 10 year old triplets. Last weekend I was watching them, and we had so much fun. We did crafts, and drove around doing some errands, ate out, and ended the day by cuddling together by the fire talking.
- Weaving makes me happy. A lot. I love the process of planning a project. And I love how it reveals itself as I start weaving. It's always a thrill, seeing an idea from my head come to life on my loom.
- Knitting makes me happy. It's similar to weaving, but not as big of a thrill.
- Sometimes cooking makes me happy. Especially when it turns out well :-) Cooking for just myself gives me a lot of freedom, because if something doesn't work out, no one has to know, and I don't have to worry about other people not getting fed.
- Baking makes me happy. It's a little bit chemistry class, and a little bit magic. And I love it if something I baked makes other people happy.
- Reading makes me happy. I love to lose myself in a good book. I love learning about new places and people, and I love reading history to learn about the past. I love to see how people lived in past times, and how they live now in different places.
- My job makes me happy. There's enough challenge and variety to keep it from getting boring, and I get support when needed from my boss and coworkers. And all the people in my new office have been so nice and welcoming, it feels good to come here.