Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More wish list stuff

Ok, this is a little lame, but after reading Bevin Rae's wish list, I'm going to copy her and put some things about myself for my spoiler to use :-) A little self serving, but hey, if it make life easier for Agatha, it's a good thing, right?

I too love chocolate, the darker the better. And I like it in any form, plain or with fruit and/or nuts. Cocoa is good, too.

Speaking of drinks, I'm a coffee and tea fiend, and like all different flavored coffees and teas, including herbal teas. I especially like jasmine tea, and Earl Grey.

As much as I love knitting, my first love is weaving. I own a few different looms, and will probably be selling the love seat in my den to make room for one of my 2 floor looms :-). I love trying my hand at different techniques, and using different kinds of yarns and fiber to weave with. In the past I've woven with ribbon and rolled paper.

Knitting is definitely second to weaving, and I've been knitting for about 10 years. I've definitely been on a sock knitting kick lately, but I really should take a break, because my cousin is due in 5 weeks, and I should get cracking on something for the baby, so that she gets it while she is still a baby. I will of course also be weaving a baby blanket.

Ironically, the first craft I learned, and was pretty much the only one I did throughout my childhood and twenties, is counted cross stitch. I also did some embroidery, crewel and needlepoint, but mostly cross stitch. Ironically, that's the craft I do the least of now, and I've got a couple of UFOs that are at least 10 years old (hmm, wasn't that about the time I taught myself to knit?) I also do a little beading, and some scrapbooky kinds of things.

My kitchen has a fruit theme going. My favorite fruits are pears and apples.

I'm a total bookworm. I've newly discovered paperbackswap.com, which lets you send off books you don't read anymore, and get others in their place. I got 2 Harry Potter books that way.

I'm working on improving my vegetable garden, both the soil and my skills. I also have a lot of flower planting in my future. I bought a fixer-upper house, and there wasn't a single bed or garden when I moved in, so I've been slowly working on that. I painted one room of my house with yellow vertical stripes. The curtains in that room are purple, and I call it my iris room. It's also my library, which is what happens when a single person buys a 3 bedroom house :-) I'm still trying to decide what the heck to do with my bedroom. I want it soothing and spa-like, a real sanctuary. But for now it's got white carpet, army green walls, and hand-me-down furniture. At some point, I want to rip up the carpet and red0 the hardwood floor underneath (previous owner put down the carpet, not me) then paint and get new furniture.

My favorite colors are in the blue, aqua, lavendar, purple range. I wear a lot of purple, and also a lot of red. I'm definitely a winter. But for the right purposes, I do like hot tropical colors, too.

I play the piano, and I collect sheet music with the name Amy in the title, because that is my muggle name. Just my little bit of egotism, I suppose, which is what this blog entry totally is.

No comments:

Post a Comment